Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Simple Computer

Since you are viewing this post, I would guess at a very big chance you own a computer. So my question is simple, what do you do with a computer?

I personally will do following things with my computer,

1. internet browsing, email
2. some simple programming
3. play games, I would still prefer to play on xbox or ps3 though.
4. document editing
5. watch movie
6. listen to music

for my wife (she had her own computer), she basically do 4 things.

1. internet browsing, email
2. listen to music
3. watch movie
4. chatting

And for most of my friends who don't know much about computer but still owned a few. They do exactly the same thing as my wife do.

On the positive side, we should be glad nowadays technology is so advanced that we can do so many different things with a computer. But on the other side, how many of us actually need to fully utilize the power of a computer? Maybe most of us only use 20% of the capability of a computer. Then why do we pay 100% money and use only 20% of its value? Think about the amount of computers and the total waste!!!

I would like to see a simple computer which provides a few configurable basic applications. Less applications means higher security and less wasting. You pay for what you can use. Wasn't that nice?

No comments: